Home > Trog > Trog Tetris

Trog Tetris

July 23rd, 2008

I cut out a few rusty sections of the floor a few months back.    Yesterday, I finally started replacing them.   Here’s a shot with the 1″ square tube floor “joists” welded in place.

Luckily an L shaped piece of 14 ga steel fell into place, after a careful rotation.

I’m hoping a rectangular piece is next.

Overhead welding sucks, so I’m going to drill holes in the sheet metal and weld to the joists from the top, rather than from below.

Here’s a blurry pic of the new panel with holes drilled and weld-thru cold galvanizing primer.   The primer has zinc in it, to minimize corrosion in the space between the panel and the support pieces.

I also removed the cowling covering the rear portion of the engine and transmission and cleaned all the rust off of it.

Shot of the engine and transmission:


  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.